Saturday, January 5, 2013

Painting, painting, painting.

I have this little stool that I got from a family friend for free. I like it but I wasn't too fond of the wood, it just looked old and used and not in the vintage cool way. So I went to Lowe's and got some paint to spruce it up. Seriously, if you ever want to paint something that isn't too big, GO TO LOWE'S! They have this Valspar section where they have nice size samples of the seasons "trendy" colors. They go for about 2.90 for 8 oz and are totally worth every penny, I think. I did two coats on this and still have plenty left over to do some other projects. 



I'm so happy with this now, too bad it doesn't match anything else in our apartment. Haha, now I will have to change everything to match this little...end table?? I have no clue what it is but I'm very happy to use it to hold my sewing machine.


BEFORE AND AFTER

And if you are painting something, do not cheap out on your paint brush! Cheap paintbrushes leave streaks and do not paint very evenly. They are ca-ca to try and work with.

-Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment